Thursday 30 June 2011

1927 Franklin

Recently I was at my first car show - as in, the first car show I actually got my car on the showground - and spotted this beautiful beast.

All the information is on the last picture in this post, but in short it's a 1927 Franklin with an air-cooled straight six engine.  It sounded and looked fantastic, I should have tried harder to find the owner and hopefully get a picture of the engine which sounded very interesting indeed from the description on the information board.

Now that's an interior light!

Best picture I could manage of the unusual interior clock/rear view mirror combination.

Wooden wheels which, like the rest of the car, were beautifully detailed.

That must be why on American cars it's a trunk and not a boot.



No comments:

Post a Comment