Tuesday 12 April 2011

Bedford, Ford and Toyota

From a recent sunny day when I went for a walk to town are these spots.  I like old tin, and sometimes I forget that the things I think are newish are actually in their teens now.  Maybe in another decade I'll start taking pictures of the new and still common stuff, but for now I focus on the old things.

Bedford CF Ambulance
I have no idea why this is specifically a Michelin Ambulance.  this old van is in typical Bedford CF condition for the age, but it's great to see one trundling around.

1949 Ford Prefect hot rod
This was something a bit special.  Ford Prefects are not as commonly turned into hot rods as their smaller sibling the Ford Popular (or Pop, for short).  This one was exceptionally nice thanks to retaining a lot of original trim and hiding the hot rod-iness at the back by keeping original, probably banded, steels and hub caps.

Lovely bit of pinstriping on the boot and the frenched rear lights are spot on.

1991 Toyota Corolla GL
These sorts of cars don't normally get a second glance, but this one is still in daily use at 20 years old.  Considering how quickly we seem to discard of newer cars I'd say being on the road for 20 years warrants a snapshot at the very least.

No comments:

Post a Comment